domingo, 22 de febrero de 2009

Cover Letter Article

I found the cover letter article incredibly helpful. I've been writing lots of cover letters in the past two months and I think right now I have it 80 or 90 percent right, and now I can get it 100% right. Last month I was committing the mistake mentioned in the article of looking up a bunch of companies and sending a generic cover letter to all of them. Now I've gotten it more right, but I have been directing all of my letters to 'Human Resources' and not a specific person. A lot of these firms do not have someone listed on their website, and direct people to address their letters to "Human Resources," but now I think I should be calling the firms and asking them who is in charge of human resources or is the hiring manager, then sending it to that individual. I actually have started using the P.S., to say that I would be willing to take a temporary position with less pay to bridge me into full time work after the economic situation stabilizes.

I think that I have this figured out now...If I had only gotten it down a couple months ago!

1 comentario:

  1. Angie I am so happy that I actually have the chance to do this, go through others blog posts and read what they have to say. It is giving me a good source to learn valuable information that I can use. Especially this post from Tyler. I think what you have now figured out is great for you Tyler and I am proud for you that you have figured out the cover letter science. I dont think it is too late for you now you have your whole life ahead of you and I am sure some people dont figure out what you have until they have lost a job or two. I really like the "P.S." comment you talked. With this economy who knows who will hire or not, I hope it gives you better chances into the work force which you desire.

    ResponderEliminar