domingo, 29 de marzo de 2009

Miscommunication

When I worked for my architecture firm as an intern, I had a miscommunication with one of the architects there for one project I had to do. He gave me a project where I had to take the existing plans and sections of a building, which were hand drawn, and get them digitized in CAD. The drawings were scanned and he recommended that I overlay the image of the drawing and use it as reference. However I thought he wanted me to simply trace over the drawing. The dimensions ended up being all wrong. I didn't know I was supposed to use the plans. In the end I fixed it. It was really a stupid mistake on my part as I was supposed to realize what I was supposed to do, but I had thought he didn't really need the dimensions to be right, that he just needed them rough. I learned the hard way that that is never the case in architecture.

No hay comentarios:

Publicar un comentario